Let's Build Playlist
Relocation of utilities on the northeast corner of the campus
 
    Washington University Power Plant Relocation & Campus Utilities

To upgrade campus utilities, Tarlton constructed a new substation and electrical substation yard, and relocated transformers that feed the campus. Throop Drive was also relocated to improve its confined pathway between academic buildings, the power plant, and the adjacent Forest Park Parkway.

Under a separate contract, Tarlton relocated and upgraded electrical, telephone/fiber optics and domestic water lines running through a parking lot at the Skinker/Forest Park intersection, in preparation for future buildings identified in the campus master plan. Given high pedestrian traffic, safety was a major concern, especially during excavations. All excavations were covered or fenced at night. At the same time, the jobsite had to be kept clean and orderly because of its visibility.

Tarlton was simultaneously constructing the nearby Earth and Planetary Sciences building and connected the building to these utility lines.

Tarlton Corporation | 5500 West Park Avenue  | St. Louis, Missouri  | 63110  |  main: 314-633-3300 fax: 314-647-1940

Share This Site: