As a certified Women's Business Enterprise--by the city of St. Louis, state of Missouri and WBENC--Tarlton comprehends the role of M/W/DBE firms, and why owners have goals for minority and women workers on jobsites.
Tarlton has developed strategies for hiring M/W/DBEs, and for encouraging their emergence. Tarlton’s past president Bob Elsperman has worked as a mentor for minority firms through the Stempel Program of the Associated General Contractors of St. Louis.
Our familiarity with many M/W/DBEs helps us to define bid packages through:
- Developing a list of qualified MBE/WBE/DBE subcontractors.
- Separating out smaller portions of the work.
- Advertising work opportunities in local newspapers and trade publications.
- Calling bidders to discuss the project and as follow-up to written communications.
- Negotiating select scopes of work with qualified subcontractors where appropriate.